Thursday, September 6, 2012

Week one drawings




In the first week, we mainly focused on 2d drawing which was very able for me. I was able to do one dimensional drawings fairly easily. However, that wasn't the goal of week one. Mr. O helped me establish the skill of drawing 2d. AFter some practice I was able to do a decent job as you can see the paint can in the top picture. That was my best 2d drawing, done it ink. I could improve on line quality a lot, giving each line a different shade and size. I have a tendency to always press hard producing a dark line. Doing that, i cant show the lightening of my object.
     My second drawing I drew two peppers in ink. The 2d part of it wasn't that great but the lines were good and thoughtfull. I put a lot of work into each line which was hard for me. Usually I rush through each line. I enjoy drawing vegetables because of their interior and exterior contour lines. I do find it hard to spend a lot of time on one pepper because the pepper was relatively smooth.
     Overall, i enjoyed drawing these objects in ink. It gave me the opportunity to work with different materials and expand my art abilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment