Monday, November 26, 2012

The Key to Success: Painting in the Hills








1. My work shows an understanding of the mark making as I tried to show individual distinct brush strokes. I mainly did this by holding the brush at the end of the brush, allowing me to paint more freely. I used the color professionally by always mixing colors, never using a color right out of the can.


2. I learned that a good brush is crucial. When a brush is old and used the strokes aren't as clear. Also in this project, is is very important to be in a relaxed mindset. If I am trying to make everything perfect then it doesn't work. I need to let my hand flow and not think. Let the brush do the work.

3. My final canvas is rather good. The canvas has a variety of colors and all are somehow related, it is not at all random. I also made it more unified by eliminating all white blank boring little holes in my painting. This really pulled the painting together, giving it more VISUAL BALANCE. Also I made sure I didn't have just all light colors, I made sure the colors were on all sides of the spectrum, dark and light.


4. I feel pretty comfortable painting, I just need to make sure I have a plan in mind with clear steps. Otherwise it goes off track and I do before I think (example- my house and church). I have to control the medium well (acrylic paint). I know not to get it on clothes and that it mixes well. However, like all paint it dries quickly when exposed to air. I wish I could use acrylic paint in a more watery solution. I feel it would be more loose and I would work better with it. I think the medium is too thick and not as liquidy as I would have liked. I know I could have made it thicker but it could have came in a little smoother state. The medium limits me to flowing as well. I personally feel it is sticky in the sense that it doesn't smoothy roll of the brush. It is stuck to the brush and requires force to assemble it to the canvas surface.



Original Painting:

No comments:

Post a Comment